| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN42 hours ago
I meant the radio show in the Adventures in Odyssey episode I just posted. I just loved it so much--I had to share it with you. Like seriously....
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN42 hours ago
http://www.focusonthefamily.com/popups/media_player.aspx?Tab=Shows&subcategory=AdventuresInOdyssey&ShowPath=Adventures%20in%20Odyssey&broadcastDate=2013-04-27&KidSafe=1
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN42 hours ago
The radio show....if you guys listen to it--the radio show is like me FAVORITE EVER! Haha!
|
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
Ooh, it's nice just the drink. But that's okay,.I was just teasing. But I super enjoy it.
| |
| writing_maidenan hour ago
I try it every once in a while, and I kinda wish I did like it, but for some reason, it's just not very yummy. But I do like it in cakes and frapps and things like that.
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN42 hours ago
But you don't like coffee, do you, Cari? *sigh* So sad. I'm sorry about that, Cari. You miss out.
| |
| writing_maiden2 hours ago
Yummy. :)
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN42 hours ago
Hahaha! My sister just filled up some small cones with peanutbutter. Well, since we don't have any ice cream....sweet!
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN42 hours ago
Jonny, I have a question that I can't believe I have. Either I forgot, or you never said so. Do you drink coffee?
|
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
Coffee is Essential. Make more!
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
Well, I wouldn't know! Haha
| |
| writing_maidenan hour ago
It's like CreateSpace.
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
? LuLu? Haven't heard of it.
| |
| writing_maidenan hour ago
Is CreateSpace cheaper than LuLu?
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
Yeah I know! That's what createspace is for.
| |
| writing_maidenan hour ago
Plus, publishers sometimes reject stories just simply because they don't think anyone would want to read them. :( Who cares if nobody reads it, we still want it in book form! :P
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
yeah, it would be an easier way to go, rather than getting an agent and publisher. Plegh. That's all way above my head! I think if one book published well, it would be easier to find a real publisher after that.
| |
| writing_maidenan hour ago
That's cool! I think I may self publish in the future.
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN42 hours ago
Our friend Brady Harden just published an allegorical novel through createspace called "The Follies of Haven Island" I think. It looks really cool and was the top new fantasy novel selling. =D I still haven't read it, but I want to soon.
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
I didn't see your question until now, Cari. Sorry.
I think self publishing--well I really have no opinions about it. I think I will probably get started that way, but I'd like to move on to a real publisher. | |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN42 hours ago
Whoo hoo! Island completed! =D
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN42 hours ago
Hmmm, two people climbing around a ferris wheel in a thunder storm and tossing a battery around? Doesn't sound safe. i'm waiting for one of us to get struck by lightning.
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN42 hours ago
What! We have to climb the ferris wheel ALL OVER???? Cheepness....
| |
| writing_maiden2 hours ago
What do you all think of self publishing?
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN42 hours ago
We're past all the lions, snakes, swords, and fire. Now we're jumping on lightpoles. Still chasing this lady and avoiding her guards....
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN42 hours ago
And I am pealing an orange.
Hello, Cari! | |
| writing_maiden2 hours ago
Haha! Hi Ellie!
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN42 hours ago
Anyone here? On the other side of the room here, my sibs are playing poptropica. Woo! We talked to Thomas Edison, Mark Twain, Houdini, George Ferris--now we're bouncing on lion heads to stop an evil reporter from ruining the Ferris Wheel! Ah!
|
| writing_maidenan hour ago
Chair Ellie!
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
gotta go!
Chair peeps | |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
Oh hey, this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vEC_SdTUE6c I can play it! | |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
Okay, I'll be back on tonight.
| |
| writing_maidenan hour ago
Chair Jonny!
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
What! Does not! Haven't you danced Little Ramsey Divey or is that only in MO.
| |
| Jonny B.an hour ago
Virginia Reel tops all, so oh well.
And I gotta go now... | |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
Uh, yeah, the scrambler is very actively at work.
| |
| writing_maidenan hour ago
This thing is scrambling the messages a little.... how is it on your guys' ends?
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
You OUGHT to get Joe Cooley's Reel stuck in your head. You know I can play that on tin whistle now?
Oh, there's nothing in particular--except that it's super slow.... | |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
Haha! Jonny! You should use "y'all" in Wisconsin. They laugh like nuts! Haha!
And yes, I've called Hole in the Wall, I ought to know....Nothing beats Contra Dancing, and honestly--we've decided never to have Hole in the Wall at our dances again. =D | |
| Jonny B.an hour ago
My bad, Ellie. I apologize for my lack of dancing knowledge.
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
I'm here for a few minutes, but I'll have to go clean the fridge when Jonny (my bro) gets all the stuff out of it. Then I'll be back while he puts it back....then I think us kids are arranging a poptropica blitz.
| |
| writing_maidenan hour ago
May the 4th be with you too! ;)
p.s. Don't worry, we can do disposable dishes! | |
| writing_maidenan hour ago
Hi Ellie!
| |
| Jonny B.an hour ago
What's wrong with "Hole in the Wall?"
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
That is NOT a contra dance, Jonny. That is an English Country Dance. Tsk tsk.
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
Or we will eat with our hands....
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN4an hour ago
Hahaha! I love that! Ahahahaha.
| |
| Jonny B.an hour ago
Yeah, I know.
| |
| writing_maiden2 hours ago
Hahahaha! Jonny, you know we were just teasing! :P
| |
| Jonny B.2 hours ago
Nobody here? don't make me start weeping...
| |
| Jonny B.2 hours ago
That one contra dance, "Hole in the Wall" is stuck in my head right now. I love it.
| |
| Jonny B.2 hours ago
But I love y'all anyway. And I just used "Y'all" way more times than usual.
| |
| Jonny B.2 hours ago
I skimmed the comments... and I'm just letting y'all know that I am SOOO not paying for y'all's plane tickets. And I'm not doing your dishes, either.
| |
| Jonny B.2 hours ago
Well, I guess this is it for our cabin, huh? It will all be over soon...
| |
| Jonny B.2 hours ago
May the Fourth be with you!
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN43 hours ago
Well--we have one more day to try and get all of us on here.
| |
| writing_maiden3 hours ago
Must be getting deleted tonight.
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN46 hours ago
So--it's going tonight?
| |
| ELBUB55CLGRL22LELUVSFUN46 hours ago
Yay! it's still here!
|
Suddenly the cabin discussion is public....
ReplyDeleteTo answer your question, no, I don't drink coffee. I tried some yesterday... and let's just say it's an acquired taste I have yet to acquire. Why do you ask?
ReplyDeleteWhoa! I just saw this! *shakes head* So was I the only coffee drinker in the cabin? This is sad. Y'all need to drink coffee. I can't wait for July when I have an excuse to buy a month's worth of coffee again.
DeleteI ask because coffee is one of my stable drinks during NaNoWriMo. How do you finish without coffee? My peeps are nuts....
I don't know about the others, but I sure don't drink coffee. I just have no good reason to. If I don't want it and don't need it, why have it?
DeleteAnd do you mean "staple?"
Bwahahahahaha! Yes! I mean staple!
DeleteYou need coffee, Jonny. I KNOW you need coffee!!!!!!!!!!! Just think really hard about it....yeah, whatever. I don't understand why some people don't like coffee. It's like ranch dressing. Everyone likes ranch dressing unless they are trying to be weird. Of course, that is dangerous to say, because in a cabin like this, I don't know but someone might not like it....
It's not that I don't like it. I have it now and then (like, three times a year). I'm not trying to be weird, coffee just isn't my... cup of tea, so to speak. ;)
DeleteDoes it help that I love all things mocha-flavored? Does that count as coffee?
Jonny, you know what's funny... I saw a mug in Barnes & Noble that said something like that "Coffee is not my cup of tea". It was great! And then there was another mug with a type writer and some letters or symbols from a keyboard. Anyway, it was really cool!
DeleteOh, and Ellie, you'll be happy to know that I actually SPENT MONEY on coffee this week! :P I've been writing in Starbucks, and yesterday in the Starbucks in Barnes & Noble. I can walk there in like 10 min. It's sweet! :) One of the coffees I got though was kinda gross, so I added a bunch of half and half. It was an iced coffee. Next time, I think I'll say half a shot, and 6 squirts of caramel, and then I can add a bunch of half and half, and I think I'll like it. :P
DeleteYeah, I guess it helps that you like mocha. I actually could rid myself of coffee and I would survive, but it wouldn't be happy. I love tea as well, but it's just not rich like coffee. It doesn't fill up the air like coffee does. One cup of coffee will fill me up with coffeeness for the rest of the day while--I've had a cup of tea today and it just wasn't enough. During NaNoWriMo I love coffee.
DeleteCari! I'm proud of you! I wish I had a Starbucks that close. We just got a snowcone shack though, and the library is a ten minutes walk and (heh heh) I get coffee from there sometime too! And yeah, haha, half and half will cure any coffee drink.
Have you heard of/seen the worlds most expensive Starbucks drink? Billy's friend on youtube did it. He's at the counter like, "Yeah, go ahead and put that in. Oh yeah, and that too!" And even better--it was his birthday and he didn't pay for it! Actually though, he had to talk with the manager and stuff to get it done because it cost like $40 or something like that. Haha! Fun....I want to do that sometime.
And while I'm waiting for my connection to load so I can post this: in Mexico I was up way early to read my Bible and drink coffee....and I got coffee and innocently added a lot of sugar, since I was craving something sweet, and went up to the balcony to sit and read. I took a drink and spewed it all over. It was awful, and yeah, it was my fault, because instead of spooning in sugar I was spooning in salt. It was awful....I hadn't realized until then how much I wanted sugar. The worst part, I went back into the kitchen to discover we were out of sugar. So! *sigh* that was sad, but we had sugar again the next day.
Okay! Connection is up! (Well, it was a long time ago, but I'm finally done typing.)
Oh yeah, I also like hot chocolate.
DeleteWow. You guys sound like... I'm not sure what. Coffee nerds? Is that a term? Because I would totally use it right now, to describe you guys.
I've never seen that "world's most expensive coffee" thing, but $40 bucks for a coffee sure sounds like Starbucks.
Hahaha! That reminds me of the time I was eating breakfast at a friend's house (our whole family was staying with then for a few days) and I was having a fried egg... well, I always like salt on my eggs. And I couldn't find a salt shaker. SO I asked my friend Jacob if he knew where some salt was (I've told you about Jacob). He brought me a spoonful, and I put it on my eggs. I take a bite, and-- blech! It was sugar! On my fried eggs!
Jonny, you have to remember, I actually don't LOVE coffee. There's a reason why I add a ton of stuff to it to make it bearable! :P Chocolate is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than coffee. :D But coffee is bearable if you add a ton of stuff. And frapps are DELISH! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, okay. Maybe I should add a ton of stuff to coffee and see if I like it.
DeleteAnd yes, chocolate is way better. Common knowledge. ;)
Yeah, I might be the only coffee nerd, but coffee is good. And Cari, maybe if you keep at it, you'll get to like it black.
ReplyDeleteAnd no, Starbucks is not $40, more like $4.
Hot chocolate is good, but just not as good as coffee. I just bought two coffee mugs with HERSHEYS on them....
And btw, Haley is my fellow coffee nerd, so I'm not totally alone! And Leah is even more so! And Meghan--well, we're working on her....(all 3 are doing nano in July! XD)
Ewwww, how could somebody ever like it black? "I like my coffee black" is like saying "I like my sandwiches without meat, cheese, lettuce, or condiments"
DeleteIt's still expensive.
Hot chocolate is not as good as coffee? BLASPHEMY! JK
I don't know about that. Haley likes coffee a lot, sure, but she doesn't constantly talk about it and obsess over it (like SOME people).
Ahahaha! You crack me up! Black coffee is the real thing, without fluff and sugar. You are just silly.
ReplyDeleteIT'S ALL WORTH IT, BUD!
Maybe Haley isn't aware of your situation right now. Maybe Haley doesn't realize how deprived you are.
I take it you prefer your meat without sauce or seasonings, then? When I want pure caffeine, I'll take some sort of injection and skip the bitter taste of black coffee, thank you.
DeleteSpoken like a true addict. :)
She's aware. She just doesn't try to convert me. Unlike SOME people.
Hahahaha! I--LOVE--seasoning! I--LOVE--sugar! I--LOVE--cream from the top of a jar of raw milk. BUT! Coffee is coffee is coffee. And coffee is lovely. I prefer my coffee with fluff and extra, but my coffee does not require fluff and extra, no thank you.
DeleteOh, and coffee is not bitter, it is full and deep, not bitter.
Hahaha! I don't know how to argue with you. I'll come up with an awesome reply to that in like--two years from now! But just so you know, you are trying to tell me that coffee without fluff and stuff is worthless or worse!
I'm going to cross some boundaries here and say... Coffee without added ingredients is like a person without... clothes. It has it's place, sure, but it needs the "fluff and extra" to make it bearable. Just like... yeah.
DeleteDeep and full... of bitterness. :)
I'm not saying it's worthless. It's just, you know, wrong. Why make yourself suffer unnecessarily? It's bad enough even with sugar and cream...
Okay, uh, I can't believe I said that... I was coming off of a migraine, and let's just say I'm never in my right mind after coming off of one of those.
DeleteHaha, it's okay, Jonny. We forgive you!
ReplyDeleteSeveral times i have left a comment and came back later to find it gone. I can't remember if I forgot to post it or what....Maybe I'm going insane.
Anyway! I said that coffee without extras might be compared to Jesus Christ without programs that make the gospel more "pleasant and less offensive". You might like the programs, but they aren't as important as they are made out to be, in fact, a lot are worthless or harmful!
Deep and full is the opposite of bitterness.
Yeah maybe YOU suffer, but I for one come from planet earth!
Shall I quote you? "BWAHAHA! Trying to make it spiritual! HAHAHA! You're going to be laughed off the planet!"
DeleteI think it went something like that.
You use "deep and full" like it's some kind of ice-cream flavor.
Really? I come from planet earth as well! We have so much in common.
OH MY WORD! My face is probably red from trying not to laugh in a library. Did I really say that? What were we talking about? Haha....oh my word....
DeleteHaha, your whole comment....you really ought to be a comedian....
You did say that. It was when I put my word goal down to 85k, remember? After mentioned not wanting writing to become an idol.
DeleteThanks.
*face palm* Oh yeah, *snort* that. I still don't know why I thought that was so hilarious. Well, I do, but anyway....
DeleteAnd hey, I was using those stalking skills you told me about and found out you're going for 100k. XD So am I. I wish it was sooner. *sigh* It's still 20 days away....
ReplyDeleteReally? I thought you were the original NaNo-Stalker. XD
Deletehttp://aquamarinedreams.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/november-5th/#comment-976
THAT is keeping people accountable. YOU were the only one who knew Alexa came from--Egypt, I think it was....Haha!
DeleteWell, you've been NaNo-stalking longer than I have, regardless of how far I may have surpassed you in the art. ;)
DeleteWell, let's see....it was only the 2nd time I was a NaNo-stalker, because the first time I was ALL ALONE! The second time....I can't remember if Haley did it with me or not....was last November her first time? Anyway, I suppose I was stalking my second nano, Haley or no Haley, but it was just to make sure all my friends were going to make it too. That second nano was incredible....
Delete